We recently had a bit of icy weather in my neck of the woods, and as soon as the first frozen precipitation hit the ground, my spider-senses started tingling...
This afternoon, I headed out to drop off some things at the post office and pick something up at the pharmacy for my wife. I accomplished those things and then found myself taking the long way home...
I stopped to take some pictures...
And then my wife called...
It didn't take a genius to figure out that she was a little perturbed with me... "I just don't understand why it is that every time we have some bad weather, you have to find a way to get out in the middle of all of it."
"Well, that depends on how you interpret 'bad weather.' I mean I think its actually quite beautiful out here with all the ice and everything..." Yeah, don't worry. That's not what I said...at least not out loud.Entire forests have been leveled in order to make the paper for books that discuss the innate drive for adventure in men, but does my affinity for driving in snow and ice, torrential downpours, etc. qualify as a "drive for adventure" or is it better classified as "adventure driving," or maybe "two steps shy of volunteering for death?"
I'm not alone in this, am I? Is there anyone else out there who loves few things more, when the weather throws a curveball, than to jump in your choice mode of transportation and go check stuff out?
I do know this much... Herein, lies a great example of the double-edged sword... my adventurous spirit, willingness to try almost anything and inquisitive nature are some of the things that my wife loves most about me and some of the things that will undoubtedly open plenty of doors for me over the years, but those VERY SAME things are the exact junk that drives my wife crazy. This, friends, is the wonder and amazement of love... as well as the appropriate time to head back to the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment