I'm in a place in life where I believe many find themselves...there are lots of decisions to be made and many of them feel as though they could knock the earth of it's axis if not handled correctly. As I write this, I'm sitting on my bed in a mission in Nicaragua. I'm here because the director of the mission invited me to bring my family down so that we can talk about how our family might fit into the work here, long term. I have ongoing conversations with a handful of churches in the US, who are all interested in me as a potential staff member on one level or another. I also have a job, currently, with a company that is incredible, treats me very well, and makes me a better person.
How could anyone feel prepared to make decisions about these kinds of opportunities?
Honestly, I have no idea, and at this point I really don't plan on making any decisions, at all. Here's my prayer in the midst of all this...I'm praying for God to close all the doors of opportunity, except for the one(s) He knows will be best for His purposes. I'm not capable of holding the wheel on my own life and actually getting the ship where it needs to go.
We can make our plans,
but the LORD determines our steps.
Proverbs 16:9
No comments:
Post a Comment