Still working for the world's most valuable company
Still attempting to launch a business of viability with my wood work
Still thinking, on a daily basis, about my desire to move to Nicaragua as a missionary.
Fathering two energetic and rambunctious boys
Loving my wife more than ever
I now have only nine fingers. (See second entry in this list)
There's obviously a great bit of detail I've left out of all this, but, nonetheless, that will kinda get you up to speed. I'm sure you can imagine that that last one is kind of a doozy. I've learned a lot since limiting my ability to count double digit numbers on my hands, but I'm not gonna go off into that here and now. As much as anything else, I just need to post something like this so that I can get over the writer's block of not having written in a long time. Now I can pick it up without all the pressure of needing to update everyone on everything because that's already done.
Because I hate to end a post without giving you something useful, let me share this one thing...
In the past, I had met with a group of men, early in the morning, on a weekly basis. One of my best friends in the whole world, a guy named Larry, was also a part of that group. We had both been missing it and so we decided to kinda start our own thing at a much more blessed hour of the day. You know...like 9:30. We decided to read a book called "Do Something," which takes a bit of a tongue-in-cheek approach to figuring out what God wants you to do with your life, and it led us, last week to a discussion on prayer. After a bit of pontification on the subject, we likened prayer to conversation and being together. Ongoing and ceaseless prayer isn't about constantly streaming words to God out of our conscious thought processes. It's much more about living life while being aware of His presence. If Larry comes over to help me rebuild the engine in my truck, we might talk or we might not,but we won't ignore each other. I might sit and watch a movie with my wife and say nary a word to her for nearly two hours, but it doesn't mean I'm unaware of her presence. Anyone with any communion skills finds it quite undeniable that our strongest communications not made of words.
Do you live practicing your awareness of God's presence in your life? Something to think about.

No comments:
Post a Comment